Porcelain Laminate Veneers
It is also known as laminated tooth or leaf porcelain tooth by the people. It is prepared with the desired color and thinness by millimetric shaving on the front surface of the teeth and bond to the tooth surface with chemical glue.
Conditions of having done Porcelain Laminate Veneers:
- Colour changes in teeth
- Could not eliminate by bleaching
- As an alternative to orthodontics in crooked teeth
- Filling the gaps between the front teeth
- Restoration of deformed teeth
- Briefly, porcelain laminate veneer is used in many cases of bothering the patient aesthetically.
Avantages of porcelain laminate veneer ;
- It is a metal which is not spoiled in colour and resistant to erode. It is not affected by impacts that caused to colour changes such as tea, coffee, cigarette.
In which cases it is not carried out;
- Due to porcelain laminate veneer is a very fine porcelain, endurance problems occur in patients with tooth tightening problems and its use is not recommended.
- It is not performed to very crooked teeth. Orthodontic treatment or zirconium promoted porcelain are suggest instead of porcelain laminate.
- This treatment method is not carried out in milk teeth, in patients who do not have adequate enamel support due to decays or trauma because of that chemical adhesion is not at the highest level.