Dental implants are artificial teeth which are implanted into the jaw of the patient. They are needed medical devices which can help the patients improve their ability to chew. The patients may also have implants to improve their appearance. A dental implant can change a patient’s live with the support it provides.
After losing a tooth because of an injury or disease, there are complications that the patient suffers from such as defective speech, changes in chewing patters and even rapid bone loss. To avoid these discomforts, the patient can think of dental implants. When the question of What is a dental implant comes to mind, the patient should know that it is a dental procedure which should be performed by a professional.
What is a dental implant? A dental implant is a perfect way to improve a patient’s health and quality of life. The discomforts of losing a tooth can be difficult for a patient to handle. Besides the physical effects such as chewing incapability, it also affects the patient’s psychology since it fixes the appearance.
Who Can Get a Dental Implant?
When a patient suffers from a tooth loss, he or she may ask for a dental implant. Yet, it may not always be possible. There are other criteria that doctors check.
Here is a list of criteria for patients to have suitability for dental implants:
- The patient suffers from a tooth loss.
- The patient’s jawbone has reached full growth.
- The patient’s oral tissues are healthy.
- The patient does not have any health condition which may have an effect on the healing process on the bone.
- The patient is able to have a bone graft.
- The patient is willing to have a dental implant, and committed to the process which may take several months.
- The patient is unwilling to wear dentures.
- The patient does not smoke.
The patients who are wondering whether they have suitability for dental implants or not, they can make an appointment with a dental clinic to consult a dentist.
How Long Does a Dental Implant Last?
To be fair, dental implants are designed and build to last for long years to come. As a matter of fact, a patient can use his dental implants for a lifetime if he cares for his oral hygiene carefully. The dental implant lifespan is what makes dental implants so popular with patients and dentists.
How to Extend the Life of a Dental Implant?
When a patient with a tooth loss consider to have a dental implant, the biggest advantage is the dental implant lifespan. The patient can use a dental implant for more than 30 years – even a lifetime. The dental implants are the most long-lasting tooth replacement methods so far.
It is very important to extend the dental implant lifespan. How can a patient do that? Here are a few tips for patients.
- The patient should find the right dentist. The process starts with choosing a dentist. It is import to find a clinic with professional dentist and specialists.
- The patient should have a well performed routine for his oral hygiene. The health of gums and teeth are essential. To extend the dental implant lifespan, the patient should brush at least twice a day for two minutes, and floss once a day. The patient also should rinse with antiseptic month wash.
- The patient should get his teeth checked by a dentist once in every six months. The dentist can also give you teeth cleanings.
- The patient should stop smoking or using tobacco if he is a smoker.
- If the patient grinds his teeth, he should et a night guard to avoid your dental implant being worn down.
The patients who have a dental implant can also check with their dentist to consult about how to extend the dental implant lifespan.
Dental Implant or Dental Bridge?
After answering the question of What is a dental implant, it is possible a patient wonders about a dental bridge. What is a dental bridge? It is a pontic which is a false tooth. It is used to hold in place by the support teeth on each side of the gap.
A dental implant is more preferable than a dental bridge. Since a dental implant can last for a lifetime while a dental bridge can last for 5 to 7 years.
Can Implants Be Placed Immediately After Tooth Extraction?
If the patient is willing to an implant after tooth extraction without wasting any time, it can be done. The dentist can place an implant shortly after an extraction. However, there is a necessity for the procedures: The patient should have health gums and enough jawbone density.
About Venedik Dental Clinic Dental Treatment Turkey
Venedik Dental Clinic | Dental Treatment in Turkey | Veneers in Turkey