The complete or full mouth therapy is a serious of dental treatments including jaw structure wellness, implants over-implants bridges. This treatment ought to be performed by an experienced dental expert in a proper dental clinic.
A patient may have a lot of reason why he has all his teeth removed. If a patient has lost most of or all of his teeth because of different reasons such as sports accidents, trauma, or car accidents can be good candidate for complete implant treatments.
As an answer to the question of who can get a complete implant treatment is that a patient’s jaw bone ought to be finished growing. The growing period may be different from patient to patient. However, the dentist recommends to wait until the lowest age limit, which is 16 to 18. It is needed for a patient to have proper bone quality and bone height.
How to do Implant All Teeth?
If a patient needs all his teeth to be replaces, the dentists may prefer to have a full mouth therapy. The therapy may be intimidating. However, it is considered as the most comfortable and functioning way to restore a patient’s appearance.
A complete implant treatment is usually performed by following the steps which are listed below.
- Diagnosing and planning stages
- The placements of upper jaw implants (They are usually 6 to 8.)
- The placements of lower jaw implants (They are usually 4 to 6.)
- Producing the stable bridges which will be used temporary
- The attachment of natural looking and durable porcelain teeth to the implants
Are There Any Disadvantages of Having All Teeth Implanted?
There are a few disadvantages of implants for all teeth which are listed below.
- The full mouth implant therapy may not be afforded by everyone.
- Finding an experienced surgeon for the procedure may be tricky.
- Dental implants are dental surgeries which takes time, patience and proper care to heal.
What are the advantages of having all teeth Implanted?
There are a number of advantages of implants for all teeth, which are listed below.
- Dental implants are very similar to natural teeth.
- The lifespan of dental implants is very long. With proper care, they can last almost for a lifetime.
- Dental implants help the patients maintain their bone structure.
- Dental implants help the patients maintain their teeth stable.
- Dental implants help the patients avoid gum disease.
How Long Does Complete Implant Treatment Take?
The complete implant treatment time can very based on the patient, the number of implants that have been placed, and patient’s jaw structure. The timeline and the steps can be detailed as below.
- The Preparation Period: If a patient is ready to have a full mouth implant, his process starts with the removal of the teeth. However, in some cases the patient may need bone grafting or bone regeneration. These procedures can take 6 to 8 weeks.
- The Dental Implant Surgery: In this process, the dentists cut the patient’s gum and reach the jawbone. And then, a hole is drilled to place titanium implants. This process is the most important part to determine the complete implant treatment time. Since, the healing procedure takes a few months. During the healing period, the dentist places a temporary replacement tooth.
- The Placement of Dental Crowns: This procedure is the last step to determine the complete implant treatment time. In this step, the dentist places the dental crowns, which is usually performed under the local anesthesia. After this step, the patient needs 1 or 2 weeks to recover.
Complete Implant Treatment Prices
The cost of a full mouth dental therapy can differ from patient to patient. When is the cost has been determined, there are a number of features that ought to be considered.
Here is a list of features that is considered while determining the cost of a complete implant treatment:
- The number of implants
- The region of the dental clinic
- The level of training which the dentist has completed
- The patient’s need of grafting
About Venedik Dental Clinic Dental Treatment Turkey
Venedik Dental Clinic | Dental Treatment in Turkey | Veneers in Turkey